Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Searchers - Anaheim, CA!

We are one of the largest, most progressive rockhound clubs in Southern California and perhaps the whole country. We typically have 150-200 members join/rejoin every year to share in the rockhound experience. We are a 501(c)(3) organization which means we are tax exempt due to our educational status. Our members volunteer at the Long Beach VA Hospital and teach veterans new and marketable lapidary and jewelrymaking skills, teach classes at local schools, and host demonstrations available for the public to see every week of the year. 

We have monthly meetings, silent auctions, door prizes, field trips, workshops, rockswaps and educational programs from guest speakers from within and outside of the club. Some of the past programs have included presentations on petrified wood, coining, cutting fire agate, casting, silversmithing, wirewrapping, gold panning, Topaz Mtn, The Oceanview Mine, pegmatite minerals, Owens Valley minerals, field trips, videos related to the hobby, geology, and much more. 


PHOTOS FROM THE SEARCHERS ANNUAL SHOW APRIL 2011

Vendors:

Nevada Mineral & Books  
The Agate Hunter - Adam Dean


Lapidary Originals
John E. Garsow Gems & Minerals



















Demos:

Jonas Ruzgys - Faceting

Gem Carving Demonstration














Displays:

Meteorites: Rocks From Space

Ammonite Display

Is there a Gem & Mineral near you this weekend?  what are you waiting for?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great show and sounds like a lively club! I'm curious what they mean by "progressive." We need "progressive" in rockhounding, that's for sure !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should be saying aggressive rockhounding not Progressive. I had the worst experience and most unpleasant time at the Searchers Gem and Mineral show Sunday May 5th 2019 due to a nasty obnoxious old man by the name of Virgil Hitler who I assume is the club president of the Searchers he hassled me over my dog who is my therapy dog and a dog that I rescued 7 1/2 years ago after losing my beautiful wife to cancer I need him and he needs me but the president This creepy old man named Virgil wouldn't understand something like that he puts a real black eye on the Searchers Gem and Mineral Club. I've been involved in the wonderful world of gems and minerals for over 30 years and met a lot of wonderful people including the ones Sunday from The Searchers Club but it's unfortunate when you have a creep like this old man named Virgil representing your Club he has no public relations skills and is just a nasty obnoxious old man. This creepy old man named Virgil Hitler is an obvious dog hater repeatedly harass me over my rescue dog who I rescued 7 1/2 years ago a couple of years after my beautiful wife had passed away from cancer I depend on him for emotional support and he depends on me but I creep like Virgil couldn't see something like that. He's just concerned about trying to run the show and act like a big s*** in a little man's body. He most definitely should feel fortunate that I am a Christian because there are a lot of other people that would have knocked him on his skinny bony ass. It's too bad Virgil you make a really bad name for your Club because I met a lot of people there in the club that were very nice people and I don't know how they can stand having you as their president big s*** in a little man's body your bad personality is not only bad as a representation of your Club but it's a bad representation to the dealers that you make money off of at your Club .

      Delete
  2. I was first introduced to the Searchers rock and mineral Club 32 years ago by my mother and the show in 87 or 88 was the first place I bought a specimen of fluorite from New Mexico so having not gone for several years I decided to go this year but due to the heavy traffic I encountered on my Hundred Mile Journey I got there late. As I entered the front door with my therapy dog Bernie I was hassled by some jackass by the name of Virgil I assume this obnoxious individual is your president . He most reluctantly let me end of the show only because one of the other members didn't seem to think it was a problem with me bringing my therapy dog then at the end of the show when I was trying to buy a small specimen from one of the dealers he made sure to come over and House of me over there and show what even a bigger a******* that he is. He's stuck on me like the Gestapo raised with a Hitler mentality and all the obnoxiousness of that regime he made by experience a very unpleasant one which I will be sure to let everybody that I know as well as all the new people I always meet to stay clear of your show and your Club. It's unfortunate that something so long ago that was dear to my heart when my mother first introduced me to your club and show has turned out to be such a unpleasant experience from one jackass. I met a lot of really good people that were part of the club and other dealers from outside but it's unfortunate that One Bad Apple who I am assuming is your president that I would name Virgil Hitler makes a bad name for your club and your show. He definitely should feel very fortunate that I am a Christian there are many others that are non spiritual people that would have done something to him due to his behavior and conduct . Virgil you need to step down because you're making a very bad name for your Club. Your mommy and daddy never talk to you what it's like to treat people with respect that's why Virgil you're such a jackass

    ReplyDelete