North Orange County Gem and Mineral Society planned a trip to the QIA Pow Wow this week - these are just some of the things to look for...thanks to NOC Publicity Chair Richard Schirer for submitting this info and NOC Pres. Don Warthen for the great shots of the 2009 Show!
Quartzsite Improvement Association (QIA)
Pow Wow Gem & Mineral Show
Date: January 20 through 24, 2010
* Beautiful jewelry is on display at the Pow Wow. The beautiful jewelry in creative displays are part of what draws shoppers from all over the country to the Pow Wow. Some Pow Wow jewelers even mine their own stones.
* Rock hounds from all around the world bring their treasures to the QIA Pow Wow to show, sell, and swap.
* More than 400 booths fill the nine-acre show grounds and unique displays fill the 10,000 square foot QIA community building.
* Come early and wear comfortable shoes!
* Demonstrations include gold panning, wire wrapping, flint knapping, silver soldering and more.